South West England Bat Conference
The 2013 South West England Bat Conference will take place at:
Xfi Building, University of Exeter
on Saturday 13th April
This is a day event for bat workers and bat enthusiasts who live in South West England or who are members of bat groups in the region. The area covered includes: Avon, Cornwall, Devon, Dorset, Gloucestershire, Isles of Scilly, Somerset and Wiltshire,
Admission is £35 per delegate. The day rate includes a sandwich lunch and refreshments.
(See cancellation conditions below.)
The event is sponsored by NHBS.
The programme includes a range of interesting talks:
- Castles in the air - Colin Morris, Vincent Wildlife Trust
- Bats and breathable roofing membranes – Stacey Waring, University of Reading
- A Nocturnal Insect Abundance Score for bat assessments in Ecological Impact Assessment - Chrissy Mason, Bath Spa University
- Big Bat Surveys: How to enjoy a night out in Somerset – Cath Shellswell, Somerset Bat Group
- White-nose syndrome and Geomyces destructans surveillance in Great Britain – Alex Barlow, Animal Health & Veterinary Laboratories Agency
- Five minute bat group spotlight sessions – scheduled between the main talks in the morning
The final afternoon session will include a BCT update from Heather McFarlane, BCT’s Director of Communications and Fundraising, followed by a discussion session at the end of the day on the priorities for bat conservation in South West England.
There will an NHBS sales stand and displays including the BCT Helpline with a demonstration of the Google Maps system the Helpline uses and an opportunity to ask questions of Helpline staff.
Cancellations: we are able to offer a £30 refund for cancellations made before Monday 8th April. Regrettably we are not able to provide a refund if cancellations are made after this date.
If you have any questions, please contact Lisa Worledge at email@example.com or call 020 7820 7176.