South East Bat Conference 2014
The 2014 South East England Bat Conference will take place at:
The Ark Centre, Basingstoke
on Saturday 29th November
This is a day event for bat workers and bat enthusiasts who live or work in the South East of England or who are members of bat groups in the region. The area covered is: Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, Greater London, Hampshire, the Isle of Wight, Kent, Oxfordshire, Surrey and Sussex.
The delegate rate is £35 for BCT members and £40 for non-members. The rate includes a sandwich lunch and refreshments. (See cancellation conditions below.)
The event is sponsored by NHBS.
The programme is being finalised but the list of talks includes:
- An update on the work of the Bat Conservation Trust – Kit Stoner, BCT
- Studying the winter ecology of Natterer’s bat at Greywell tunnel in southern England – Paul Hope, University of Bristol
- Nathusius' pipistrelle in the UK – Daniel Hargreaves, Kent Bat Group
- Bats of the Royal Parks – Adam Curtis, The Royal Parks
- Bats on National Trust sites in Kent, Sussex & Surrey, & the South Downs Bat Project – Crispin Scott, National Trust
- Tales of the Unexpected – Graham Street, Isle of Wight Bat Hospital
- Five minute bat group spotlight sessions will be scheduled between the main talks during the day
Delegates may also choose a 90 minute workshop from one of the eight on offer: Voluntary Bat Roost Visitor Class Licence Training workshop; Introduction to Sound Analysis; Marking and radio-tracking methods; Bat Activities for the Young and Young at Heart; Bats and Roofs; Conducting Effective Woodland Bat Acoustic Surveys; Living Record: Online Bat Data Recording; and Introduction to Bat Identification.
There will be an opportunity during the final afternoon session to discuss the priorities for bat conservation in the South East of England chaired by Bob Cornes, BCT Trustee.
There will be an NHBS sales stand and displays including the BCT Helpline, BatBox,Titley Scientific, Isle of Wight Bat Hopsital and some of the South East Bat Groups.
Cancellations: we are able to offer a £30/£35 refund for cancellations made before Monday 24th November. Regrettably we are not able to provide a refund if cancellations are made after this date.
If you have any questions, please contact Lisa Worledge by calling 020 7820 7176 or email email@example.com