North of England Bat Conference 2019
The 2019 North of England Bat Conference will take place at:
University of Lancaster, Lancashire
on Saturday 6th April 2019
This is a day event for bat workers and bat enthusiasts who live, work, or are members of bat groups in the North of England or the Isle of Man. The area covered includes: County Durham, Cheshire, Merseyside, Lancashire, Cumbria, Northumberland, Yorkshire and the Isle of Man.
The delegate rate is £40 for BCT members and £45 for non-members. The rate includes a sandwich lunch and refreshments. (See cancellation conditions below.)
The programme will include:
- An update on the work of the Bat Conservation Trust – Joe Nunez-Mino, Director of Communications and Fundraising, BCT
- New indicators for long-term bat monitoring – Adrià López-Baucells, Natural Sciences Museum of Granollers
- Bats & Lighting: Latest research & guidance – Jo Ferguson, Built Environment Officer, BCT
- The role of bat care in bat conservation – Gail Armstrong, North Lancashire Bat Group
- What High Definition Thermal Imaging Reveals About Bats – Ian Baker, Hampshire Bat Group
- Priorities in the North and Feedback to BCT – Chaired by a BCT Partner Bat Group Nominated Trustee
- Five minute bat group spotlight sessions will be scheduled between the main talks during the day
Delegates may also choose one 90 minute workshop: Introduction to Kaleidoscope Viewer; Bat identification for beginners; Assessment of bat wintering sites; Introducing the Anabat Scout; Surveying trees; Introduction to QGIS for bat groups; Introduction to sound analysis using Analook; Data Protection: what it means and why you should care; and Safeguarding for Bat Groups.
There will be an opportunity during the final afternoon session to discuss the priorities for bat conservation in the North of England.
There will be a variety of exhibition stands on display.
We encourage people to travel by public transport but free parking will be available at the venue.
Exact timings for the day are to be confirmed but registration will open around 8:45am, talks will begin around 9.45am, and the day will end by 5.00pm.
Cancellations: we are able to offer a £35/£40 refund for cancellations made before Monday 4th March. Regrettably we are not able to provide a refund if cancellations are made after this date.
If you have any questions, or are interested in sponsoring this even, please contact Naomi Webster by calling 020 7820 7169 or email firstname.lastname@example.org