Midlands Bat Conference 2018
The 2018 Midlands Bat Conference will take place at:
University of Leicester, Leicester
on Saturday 21 April 2018
This is a day event for bat workers and bat enthusiasts who live or work in the Midlands or who are members of bat groups in the region. The area covered includes: Herefordshire, Worcestershire, Shropshire, West Midlands, Staffordshire, Warwickshire, Leicestershire, Rutland, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Northamptonshire and Lincolnshire.
The delegate rate is £40 for BCT members and £45 for non-members. The rate includes a sandwich lunch and refreshments. (See cancellation conditions below.)
Sponsored by: Wildlife Acoustics
The talks will include:
- An update on the work of the Bat Conservation Trust - Kit Stoner, BCT
- Nottinghamshire Barbastelle Project - Matt Cook, Nottinghamshire Bat Group
- Horseshoe Bats in Shropshire - Mike Worsfold, Shropshire Bat Group
- Bats in Churches Partnership Project - Barry Collins & Ian Nixon
- Involving local people and land owners to locate bats in our area - Ben Devine and Nathalie Cossa, Leicestershire & Rutland Bat Group (and Wildlife Trust)
- Five minute bat group spotlight sessions will be scheduled between the main talks during the day
- A Priorities Discussion Session for Bat Conservation in the Midlands, Chaired by Steve Parker, a Partner Bat Group Nominated Trustee for BCT
Delegates may also choose a 90 minute workshop from:
- Introduction to Kaleidoscope Viewer
- Introduction to QGIS for Bat Groups
- Anabat Insight Introduction
- Bat Identification Workshop
- Making Displays & Activities Memorable
- Introduction to Project Licensing
There will be an exhibition area including stands from Wildlife Acoustics, Titley Scientific, Creature Candy, Elekon, Wildlife and Countryside Services, Wildcare, some of the Midlands Bat Groups as well as BCT and the National Bat Helpline.
Venue address: Attenborough Building, University of Leicester, Leicester LE1 7RD
There is free on-site parking if you are arriving by car. Alternatively the campus is a 20 min walk or 10 min bus ride from Leicester train station.
Cancellations: we are able to offer a £35/£40 refund for cancellations made before Monday 9 April. Regrettably we are not able to provide a refund if cancellations are made after this date.
If you have any questions, please contact Naomi Webster by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 020 7820 7169.