East of England Bat Conference 2018
The 2018 East of England Bat Conference will take place at:
on Saturday 17th March
This is a day event for bat workers and bat enthusiasts who live or work in the East of England or who are members of bat groups in the region. The area covered includes: Norfolk, Suffolk, Essex, Hertfordshire, Middlesex, Bedfordshire, and Cambridgeshire.
The delegate rate is £40 for BCT members and £45 for non-members. The rate includes a sandwich lunch and refreshments. (See cancellation conditions below.)
The varied talks are being confirmed but will include:
- An update on the work of the Bat Conservation Trust - Joe Nunez-Mino, BCT
- Going batty – from a Local Authority Ecologist’s perspective - Sue Hooton, Place Services, Essex CC
- National Bats and Churches Project - Philip Parker, Philip Parker Associates
- Lighting up the Landscape - Julie Day, University of Exeter
- Bat Conservation in Africa - Emma Stone, Conservation Research Africa
- Five minute bat group spotlight sessions will be scheduled between the main talks during the day
- A Priorities Discussion Session for Bat Conservation in the East of England
Delegates may also choose a 90 minute workshop from: Introduction to Kaleidoscope Viewer, Surveying Buildings for Bats, Anabat Insight Introduction, Introduction to Advanced Survey Techniques for Bats, Introduction to QGIS for Bat Groups, Introduction to Bat Sound Analysis, Social Media for Beginners, and an Introduction to Project Licensing.
There will be an exhibition area including stands from Wildlife Acoustics, Titley Scientific, Peersonic, NHBS, Wildlife &Countryside Services and the Landscape Partnership, as well as some of the East of England bat groups, BCT and the National Bat Helpline.
Venue address: Ely College, Downham Road, Ely, Cambridgeshire. CB6 2SH
There is on-site parking if you are arriving by car. Alternatively Ely College is a 30 min walk or 20 min bus ride from Ely train station.
Cancellations: we are able to offer a £35/£40 refund for cancellations made before Monday 8 March. Regrettably we are not able to provide a refund if cancellations are made after this date.
If you have any questions, please contact Naomi Webster by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 020 7820 7169.